We thought it might be nice to take a look at the provisional itinerary for the optional fieldtrip, which follows the workshop next year in Chester.
The trip takes in some beautiful landscapes on the outskirts of the Lake District in the county of Cumbria. It will include a visit to Gosforth, Penrith and an overnight at St Bees.
This is our provisional timetable but is subject to change.
Wednesday 10th of April
- Leave Chester 9.30am
- Halton, Lancashire – churchyard cross
- Lunch stop in Ulverston, Cumbria
- Great Urswick (cross)
- Pennington church (tbc) (cross)
- Waberthwaite (cross shaft)
- Gosforth (crosses, hogbacks)
We plan to stop at the Seacote Hotel in St Bees. To see more info about the hotel please click here. Note: we intend to group book the rooms, so please do not make your own reservation.
Thursday 11th April
- St Bees priory
- St Bridget’s Church, near Brigham (tbc)
- St Bridget’s church, Bridekirk
- Lunch and hogbacks at Penrith
- Stop at Mayburgh Henge, Penrith
- Return to Chester via Manchester Airport (if needed)